Sunday, June 24, 2007

Trial-free Weekends

So no trials for the last two weekends in a row. I feel quite strange...and so not physical in any way...think I better do some serious running this week at training or else I am going to be completely exhausted after one run next trial! Raven is again of the "no news is good news" category this week. She had put on more weight again last week before she started her second cycle of chemo so that was good. Her WBC was also up. No side effects from the Vincristine this time apart from feeling tired - she slept well through the night and was ready to go for training the following night. I had thought (with not just a slight touch of disappointment) that I had felt her lymph nodes come up again. Just the ones in her neck. I was very happy to hear when i picked her up Tuesday after her chemo that it was her saliva glands I was feeling and that all her lymph nodes are back to normal. Fantastic! So far, so good, still a long way to go though. Last Sunday afternoon we took the dogs for a run at our local Canine grounds. Some of the shots didn't turn out half bad! I was thinking prior to these the the dogs could do with a bath - but these pics have simply confirmed for me that it's not necessary!

The Raven
Recall Raven!

Raven - she knows when treats are on

Raven circa 2007
Born March 7th 2000
Diagnosed Lymphoma May 11th 2007
Kicking cancer butt since May 14th - 1st Chemo treatment


Why can't Cypher bring that frisbee back?

He has a tumour that's why!
Or perhaps I should not joke about cancer at this stage...
ah what the hell, you gotta laugh sometimes!

Spryte is not really tumour-like, but sometimes Cy does close his eyes
in the hope that she disappears


She's more of your "midget Cypher fan club of one" type


National Geographic may need these pictures

How the domesticated Border Collie brings down larger prey,
Cy's thinking "You know you coulda left her at home"

Spryte occasionally cuts Cy a break

Raven - missing the prey completely,
but ensuring that she looks the part whilst failing.
At times she's so darn cute!

Cy's victory frisbee catch face

5 comments:

Elf said...

Great photos! Doing "dogs in action" photos is on my list for next week. Hope they're as good as yours.

-ellen

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Raven is still going well Simone :)
Kriszty

Anonymous said...

What lovely dogs you have. I especially love the photo of Raven totally missing the frisbee but doing it with such style and pizazz. You go, girlie!

Anonymous said...

I hope raven will go better.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing happy dogs. :)