Sunday, July 30, 2006

BAD HANDLER!!!!

Ok I will be kicking myself up and down the training field for the next 2 weeks at least! Raven was superb today she did not put a foot wrong she went exactly everywhere I told her to!!! She kept every single bar up in FOUR runs and was as responsive and as focussed as she has ever been.Stupid, idiot, dumbass handler today screwed up both Masters runs – and lovely steward came up to me afterwards and told me Raven had the quickest time on both courses today ARGHHHH!!!!!. In Masters Agility I called “Tyre– turn” and then forgot to say “out” or “over” or even if I had just left my arm up she would have taken the jump instead she ran straight past it – ARGHHHH!!!!!! In Masters Jumping I said “Out” too late – she had already done what she needed to do to get round the 270 jumps and then when I said a completely superfluous Out she went out ARGHHHH!!!!!!! Fantastic dog though she was awesome today! One trial soon we shall hopefully get it happening together on the same day! Open Jumping she had a tricky distance challenge angle onto the broad jump – I didn’t get her in towards me enough before I sent her over the broad and she had no momentum and had to try and clear a broad jump jumping sideways from a standstill – she tried her little heart out but ended up paddling the broad to try and get over it. I actually felt sorry for her then – and briefly thought wow she needs a new handler for sure!! Then Open Agility – we were nailing the course, I moved off from a front cross a bit too soon and she ran past a jump – again!!!*sigh* at that point I really did start watching other handlers wondering if they’d like a go at running my dog cos darn sure nobody else could do a worse job than I did today! Cypher – well he was hard work today right up until the last run of the day when he actually ran really nicely for me I just wasn’t able to cue a tunnel entry properly and we had an off course. But the other runs well – Open Jumping he did that horrible angle broad ok but I probably didn’t keep pushing forward quick enough once he had cleared it and thus he missed the jump. Then he vagued out on me on the rest of the course – we did it but it wasn’t pretty. Excellent Jumping and Excellent Agility were much the same – we did manage to get round on both courses till about the third last obstacle and he just switched off – in jumping he went off and did a tyre that was miles away and in agility he was busy checking out his surroundings so much on the way out that he got a refusal on a jump….ARGHHH!!!!! I hate boy dogs!!! But I was happy with his last run of the day – he nailed all his weavers today and did not knock a bar and all his contacts bar one a frame were great. But now we have to wait another TWO weeks till the next trial! He was a bit distracted by my friend Robyn who came down and trialled today for the first time in ages – Robyn is known to Cy as the keeper of all the girls that he loves, he spied Saffi (his favourite red and white) at one point and temporarily lost his brain nerve synapses for several moments. Ok he’s 21 months old – he WILL get through this I’m sure! Not sure how long it will take though!

No comments: