Sunday, October 08, 2006

FCI World Champs 2006

FCI World Championships in Agility is on right now in Basel, Switzerland. My friend Megan is over there watching the whole thing (lucky girl!) and I am sitting here watching my computer for updated results every 60 seconds. I won’t see the runs till the DVD comes out but just looking at those courses it’s going to be very interesting to see how it was all handled. Linda Mecklenberg and Stellar are over there competing as I write this - I’m wishing her all the luck I can send. Stellar and Linda are a great team and Linda would have to be one of the best handlers in the world not the least because of her high rate of spectacular consistency. People say agility is about two things – speed and accuracy, I actually think it is about three things – speed, accuracy *and* consistency. A really good team to me is one that finishes consistently in the first three spots for qualifying. Not just in the odd trial here and there but frequently, with a high clear round rate. I’d love to see more of the European runs on a DVD or video clips – there are quite obviously some fantastic handlers in places like Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary etc however in Australia we tend to not see too much of them except for the once a year FCI World Champs DVD.

So if you want to check out the courses and the results go to:
http://www.agility-wc2006.com

No comments: