Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Some more letters...

Sunday was a very successful day for Raven and a good day for Cypher (not quite as great as Raven's day!). My agility club held their 2nd and final trial for the year and we had agility and jumping in the morning and games in the afternoon. My brain and my body was not engaged for the first run up in Masters Jumping and I was a pretty crap handler for my girl who tried her best despite me being a slacker, she didn't know she'd done it wrong she still got her jackpot for keeping her bars up. Cypher had a boy brain moment and took one jump off course (I had learnt my lesson re Raven's run and was handling better) but other than that he worked well. In Open Agility Raven and I were back in sync and we ran clear for a 1st place and also our ADO title (you need 5 passes in this). Cypher was doing really well until we got to the seesaw where he got to about the middle of it and was so busy looking at me his front and back legs on his right came off the plank and he fell off sideways....he looked surprised to find himself on the ground! We continued on without any hiccups...he's still needing 2 more legs for this title. In Open Jumping Raven was entered but I had asked Kriszty if she'd like to run her and Kriszty offered for me to run Terra her young tri-colour BC girl. So we swapped dogs had a blast and both ran clear....not sure if she'll offer again though *g* as Raven came 2nd and Terra came 4th! In Masters Agility Raven was going really well, I directed her into the flexi tunnel entry and she turned sharply but I thought I heard her yelp just as she went in but she came bombing out like nothing was wrong and we kept going...then we got up the back of the course and she took a bar down and I noticed she was limping. I had a look at her paw and tried to see what it was and there was something sticking out of her pad so I pulled it out and we withdrew. After a number of other dogs had run the judge asked if I would like a rerun which was a nice surprise. So we reran and we were going really well till we got to the end of the dogwalk which had two jumps either side of it and the dog had to find the weavers straight down the middle but further away. Well Raven did her usual running contact thing and took the off course jump. Not her fault at all but mine..so we kept going without dropping a bar and she got another jackpot. She was jumping really well today. Next up in the afternoon was Raven's first go at Snooker Excellent level, we went for the Super Seven or Suicide 7 as some call it and she did it without a hitch she was in the zone that girl! From there we went into Novice Gamblers to try and get her last leg (as well as Cypher's). I picked a course that allowed us to do most things twice, the only major points thing we didn't do twice was the dogwalk but she had timed it beautifully for when the whistle blew, we finished the gamble and went clear for 59 points, 1st place and her title WOOHOO!! Cy also ran it clear for 48 points and his title. Our last run for Raven was Strategic Pairs Excellent class, Sue and Nifty ran very smoothly to combine with Raven's nice run and we ran clear without any errors and into 1st Place again! Cypher's last run was in Novice Strategic Pairs with Sage and Nicola and we ran that clear as well for a 2nd place and our titles. So a very good day in all we accomplished lots! Cypher just missed out on his final ADX leg with a tiny error on the broad jump but still ended up with 3rd place Non qualifying. There's always next weeks trial! Trial Secretaries are going to hate Raven's name even more now as her full title is Ch Rhonabwy Raven Ov Bear CDX ADM JDM ADO JDO SPD SD GD ET....and Cypher's is Nahrof Quick Change AD JDX JDO SPD GD.

No comments: