Monday, May 14, 2007

Raven's BIG Day

Raven goes in for chemo and a marrow aspirate today. It's 7am right now and I am wondering what exactly her day will be like when I take her into Murdoch and leave her there. It sounds horrible "leave her there", but according to a number of sources and basic logic really it would be unreasonable for me to expect to be able to hold her paw through this one. Even if I did go out and purchase all my own HAZMAT gear and turn up in it. Not sure Murdoch is big on allowing it's patients' owners' run that chemo drug exposure risk.
She came to the trial yesterday and was most vocal when I was running Cypher, I think she thought he must have been doing it all wrong. Either way people told her she could bark as much as she liked and that I shouldn't be telling her off! She got her walks round the grounds and enough pats and cuddles to see her through to next year even. Spoilt with polony and sausage treats all day she was very pleased with herself and her beseeching talents that appeared to work so effectively for her all day.
Cypher was certainly enjoying himself after a full week off from training. First run up was the Open Agility and I worked him through his weaves all the way to then end (instead of just trusting him like I should of) causing him to pull off the aframe after he'd put two paws on it in the distance challenge. He was flying though and very responsive. Next was Masters Jumping and his handler needed some ginseng or something because she managed to get lost a few times and caused him to run clear but over time for the first time in his career, 3 seconds of faffing around cost us! Good boy though for being polite and waiting for me to point him the right direction. Then it was Open Jumping and on this one he ran clear for 4th place, I actually remembered the course and he was switched on. Masters Agility was a lovely course, my boy was the only dog to come out the bendy tunnel and look back to see an off course tyre that he just had to take. Grrrrr....oh well he was just making things even since I stuffed him completely on the Masters Jumping.
In the afternoon we faired much better, Open Agility clear and 6th, Masters Jumping clear and 5th (after a very desperate and loud COME as he thought the course should go one way whilst I was going another) and then Open Jumping clear and 9th. Masters Agility again brought home to me how much we really need to work the tunnel under aframe scenario, he always sees the tunnel NEVER the a frame, even when he is virtually standing on the bottom of the aframe he still tried to do the bendy tunnel. Definitely one for training!
So here we are Monday. The Monday where I'd just like us to have two wins, two very big wins I guess. Win One: Her marrow is clear of cancer Win Two: She tolerates the chemo with flying colours. Raven loves to run fast and win, hopefully she'll fight for these wins today.

No comments: