Sunday, July 15, 2007

ACWA Trials...Saturday July 14th

Yesterday was our club's Double Agility and Jumping trials held at Canine grounds.
Some hard luck stories for Raven, a couple of successes for Cypher and some achievements with my 'borrowed' dogs.
Raven was again feeling rather good and had a bar down in Masters Agility combined with a rather speccy seesaw fly off and in the second trial we had an off course due to a lack of quick thinking by handler! In Masters Jumping I was so pleased with her, she kept all her bars up, was flying round with a quite probably first place time when handler did not get into the right spot quick enough to push her out for a bar. Cross with myself but well proud of how she ran - what cancer? In the second Masters Jumping her last run of the day we also did well but had a couple of bars down.
In Open Agility she felt that she knew the course far better than me and had an off course when she put a couple of paws on the dog walk. The second go we had an issue with the distance challenge which eventually resulted in another dropped bar. So whilst no passes for the Rave she still had a ball and was raring to go.
Cypher had more success - a 2nd place in the first Masters Jumping trial was his best result so far in that class and finished off his JDM2 title. He followed that up with a 3rd place in Open Jumping (same result as last weeks trial!). He did a cracker run in the second Masters Jumping course and I didn't realise till after we finished that we had missed a whole entire jump! Still he didn't know at all as he was playing tug madly with me after the run! In the first Open Jumping I think I let him out of my peripheral vision for half a second and that was enough, he decided to chuck an extra jump in on the way to the tunnel! Very pleased with how he ran in general in the afternoon, much improved on the morning where both he and I made mistakes that cost us - in fact I stuffed both Masters Agility runs for him and he stuffed both Open Agility runs for me with a bar down in one and a complete selective hearing issue in another!
Here are some pics from yesterday;

Raven - yes the tail hair is growing back *slowly*

Surprisingly enough this was one bar that stayed up!

Cypher - doing the broad

Cypher - doing his "already stuffed up so doing a slack dogwalk"

Cypher - leaving himself a fraction more margin for error
than Raven does

Cypher - the best tyre shot of him yet!

Raven - "where the hell is that woman running off to now?!?!"

Dexter my 'borrowed' red and white BC -
3rd Place Excellent jumping

Emmy my 'borrowed' GSP -
1st Place Open Agility and 1st Place Masters Jumping


Rumour my 'borrowed' Sheltie -
1st Place Open Agility and 3rd Place Open Jumping



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I don't see any collies, though. ;)