Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Doing Fine...

So Raven is doing excellently well right now. Last Tuesday her WBC was up over 6, she got her dose of chemo and was right as rain the next day. She had an absolute blast on the weekend reverting right back to her young feral self, being a complete b&^%h to me on the start line in Masters Agility forcing me to move out onto the course with me maintaining eye contact, looking over my shoulder the whole way. It was about a 5 jump lead out and she let me get nearly to 4 before she stood up and was not sitting down again! Needless to say she did a superfast run and took 3 bars down! We’re working start lines this week! Open Agility was a nice course, she knocked one bar in the distance challenge and I was so amazed by her running contact I forgot to say ‘come’ to pull her over the next jump and got a refusal. I was just thrilled she was feeling so good. Masters Jumping I wisely decided not to go with the lead out and just run as fast as I could, it worked quite well. My handling caused a couple of knocked bars this time which was a shame; it was a lovely, challenging, flowing Masters course. We finished off with Excellent Snooker and I totally disconnected from her in the weaves as we were doing the Super 7 and she popped the last pole on our second go through them, I decided to keep trying anyway for the qualification as I’d like to get her up to Masters this year. So we did the weaves (7 points) twice and then closed and we ended up with the Q card. Again she was doing just blitzing running contacts she would have cleaned up if I had been more committed to them darn weave poles! She went in on Tuesday last for her 7th dose of chemo – Vincristine and her WBC was still in the normal range (above 3) so she got the treatment. They blew a couple of veins on her front legs so she’s now got a shaved patch just above her hock on her back left leg. She is starting to look a bit like a chemo dog now! She’s already over the Vinc and will come to training tonight (we’ll be working Start lines and bar stuff!).

Cypher was a star on Sunday – he picked up his second leg of Novice Snooker completing the Super 7 and finishing in 2nd place 0.7 of a second behind 1st. He also qualified in Masters Agility in 6th place and went clear in Open Jumping for third. He would have had a very nice quallie in Masters Jumping except for his idiot handler who thought she was getting in this wonderful front cross for him, she turns, he’s right there but there is a gap of about 10cm between her and the jump, poor dog had nowhere to go but bless him, he still knows he’s supposed to jump something so he does a little leap into midair! So handler error big time cost us that one but as he madly played tug at the end I’m sure he was none the wiser! I was very pleased with his 3 from 4 passes.

So that was our Sunday – good fun but not enough runs!! Luckily I have around 26 lined up for this Saturday so that will keep me out of trouble, then Raven’s in UD Sunday morning and they’ve both got a couple of runs in the afternoon.

No comments: