Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy 15 months old!

To the Spryte! She is fifteen months old today. What did she spend the day doing? Coming to a trial of course. Where any self respecting Border Collie in training for an illustrious career in the best sport in the world would find herself. Heh. Here's a pic of her doing the weaves at Rockingham today.
Hard to believe she is this age already. Seems like only yesterday the little tacker who beat up on her much bigger 6 brothers (and they are still...*much* bigger) was romping around at Robyn's place sucking me in very quickly with that cute as a button face with two almost black shining eyes that took everything in. Of course all this does is serve to remind me of all the things we haven't trained yet. I dare not make a list - we may never make it into the ring. You can see more pics of her weaving (and her brother Flyte is in there too...just look for the handsome, flashy looking black and white BC in there) here - http://www.yourdogphotos.com
Quick trial update from today at Rockingham - Raven 1st place Open Agility, 2nd place Masters Jumping (Open Jumping and Masters Agility FHS struck wickedly *see previous post) Cypher - Clear in Open Agility and Masters Jumping, both 4th places and clear and 6th in Open Jumping. And just because people should know it's not always my fault - he made the first error in Masters Agility by missing his A Frame contact....*waits for the howls of protest from those who know better that it is never the dog's fault*.....ok, ok I'll admit that not holding him on any of his a frames for at least the last 6 trials *may* have something to do with it, but I'm going with the "he missed the contact *not me*" argument and besides he should know I'm working on developing his 'running a frame', it (the argument) should be good for at least till the next trial.

3 comments:

Rossi2009 said...

I always enjoy reading your blog! Congrats on the big win and Happy "Birthday" to your young one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !!

Yoda said...

It's a slippery path down those contacts...I'm trying to develop a running contact with my little BC but I can tell the Aframe is going to be a little problematic.