Saturday, October 06, 2007

Polite-li-ness and Blog-li-ness

It has come to my attention that there is probably a whole plethora of people who read this blog that I am not aware of. Stands to reason I suppose that once you put something up here on the world wide web and pretty much give a free reign to all and sundry to access, then it follows that there will indeed be others reading this blog apart from myself and any immediate family I manage to direct here. I’ve come to the conclusion that, frankly, this does not bother me in the slightest. However I have been remiss. *Ponders the term ‘remiss’* Yes, remiss is correct in this context. I realise with my last post that my comment about ‘substandard equipment’ may have been somewhat dismissive of the efforts of a few who work hard for the Royal Show Agility competitors. I take my hat off to those few who, without complaint or compensation, transport, lug and put up the equipment used. In no way did I intend to imply that your efforts are unappreciated. Indeed some of the equipment is brand new and in some cases we should be just grateful that we have easily adjustable and sufficiently functional equipment. So please, you know who you are, don’t be offended by my somewhat poorly placed sweeping statement of frustration towards the powers that be of the RAS, take it as ammunition to help compel the RAS ptbs to make an effort to make your time and efforts be well recompensed.


On a lighter note it was the final day of the show today and also Cypher’s 3rd birthday. I simply cannot believe that the boy is 3 today, feels like a heartbeat ago that I was reaching to open the door to his airline crate and out came this bundle of fluff and fur, 8 weeks old and absolutely gorgeous. His full on personality and happy demeanour has meant that he has been an absolute treat to train and a joy to live with. There’s nothing quite like the Cypher Happy Feet dance either, I’m sure Disney got that penguin idea from him. He just doesn’t feel he’s greeted you properly unless he’s shoved his head between your knees and you’ve given him a quick rump massage whilst his back feet tap and dance up and down on the spot for you. His vibrant and energetic impulse to play can always make me smile even when I’ve had a crappy day at work or I’m muddling through some problem or issue. Sure he has his flaws but unlike us humans I could count them on one hand. He has a zest for life that is highly contagious, I wouldn’t swap him for the world even though there have been moments where I could have cheerfully throttled him. So here are some pics of Cy from today, at 3 years old and of the little 8 week old who had us suckered in from the get go. Happy birthday Tosser – here’s to many, many more!

Having a nap after getting off the plane - make yourself at home
Cy!
The dreaded first bath!


I am Raven - Miss Raven Bitch to you!

So the cute face grew...

Into a handsome lad...


Who qualified in Excellent Gamblers today at the Perth Royal Show


and generally showed how Strategic Pairs could be run


Pictorial Rationale 1: Why we scratched from Obedience this year!
I said "Ready?!" Cypher thought "Sniff harder cos I gotta go in a
second!"

Hind legs at the ready? Or start line funk?

Yay! Success at the Perth Royal again! With a little help
from his team mates of course (thanks Terra, Riot and Jess -
oh and your handlers too of course!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I've been reading your blog and I'm from Sweden. That's in northern Europe! Did a search on Greg Derrett, trying to learn more about his handling system, and your blog came up on Google. It's fun to read about other countries and agility so here I am. Great blogg :-) Mine is in swedish so not so interesting for you I guess. Good luck with competing and you have really lovely dogs :D

Urban Smoothie Read said...

wat a great startline humour by Cypher